Meeting details:

Attendees:

  1. Dave Connell (AAD)
  2. Daniela Nastasie (UniSA)
  3. Jingbo Wang (NCI)
  4. Marianne Browne 
  5. Neil Godfrey (CDU)
  6. Nigel Ward (QUT)
  7. Siddeswara Guru (TERN)
  8. Adrian Burton (ANDS)
  9. Gerry Ryder (ANDS)
  10. Liz Woods (ANDS)
  11. Cel Pilapil (ANDS)

Apologies:

Anne Stevenson (CSIRO), Conal Tuohy (VeRSI), Gavan McCarthy (UNIMELB), Irina Bastrakova (GA), Peter Walsh (UTas), Steve Androulakis (Monash), Simon Porter (UNIMELB)

Agenda:

  1. Welcome - Nigel Ward
  2. Status of action items – Nigel Ward/ Cel Pilapil
  3. Discussion of RIF-CS change proposal and briefing papers (ANDS, RAB members)
  4. Other business - Nigel Ward/Adrian Burton
  5. Date and time of next meeting

 

D I S C U S S I O N :

A. Status of action items from previous meeting

No

Action

Responsible

Status/Comments

1

Re-write proposal to only include items 2 & 3

ANDS

Completed.  Updated paper available here > http://community.ands.org.au/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=3431

Discussion:

In the previous RAB meeting, the proposal to use the location element to support direct-download URL or the use of relatedInfo element to directly access the dataset using the related service was approved by RAB. A new paper to define what open access is and

2

ANDS to write a new paper around 'open access'’

ANDS

Completed.  Discussion paper available here > http://community.ands.org.au/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=3411

3

Get statistics or data re: usage of ‘isSupportedBy’ relation type  (collection-service relation) in Research Data Australia

ANDS

There are only 11 collections with related services and the relationship type is ‘isSupportedBy’. 

Discussion:

The relationship between these 11 collections and the related services are consistent with the current recommendation to use ‘isSupportedBy’ relationship to support the services over data proposal, which was approved by RAB in the previous meeting.

4

schedule the next meeting, if necessary

Cel, ANDS

Completed.  8th October at 12:00pm AEDT

 

 

B. RIF-CS Schema recommended changes:

1.     ‘open access’ definition and accessRights element vocabulary (discussed by Gerry Ryder)

This proposal aims to:

Discussion:

 Decision:  Further discussion required for this proposal

 Actions:

2.     Addition of ‘gcmd’ subject type (discussed by Siddeswara Guru)

This proposal aims to:

Discussion:

 

Decision:  RAB endorsed this proposal.

C.    Other Business:  None.

D.    Date and time of next meeting:

Action:

ACTIONS:

No

Action

Responsible

Status/Comments

1

Draft a new version of the paper with the suggested proposal from Daniela

Gerry/Daniela

 

2

Clarify what terms to use and provide clear definition of those terms

ANDS

 

3

Send a doodle poll and send the meeting invite based on most members’ availability.

Cel